- Mineral explorer, Fireweed Zinc (FWZ) has commenced drilling at its Macmillan Pass zinc-lead-silver project in Yukon, Canada
- Two core drills have already begun drilling at the project’s Boundary Zone, which previously demonstrated impressive intersections in 2019
- Fireweed will also drill new discovery targets, based on geophysics and ongoing field work onsite
- The company has scheduled an airborne VTEM-Magnetic geophysical survey to occur over the western Fertile Corridor
- Fireweed Zinc (FWZ) is up 2.86 per cent and is trading at C$0.72 per share
Mineral explorer, Fireweed Zinc (FWZ) has commenced drilling at its Macmillan Pass zinc-lead-silver project in Yukon, Canada.
This new drilling program is in addition to the company’s field work, which has been in progress on the property since July. The ongoing field work has consisted of geophysical gravity surveying, geochemical sampling, geological mapping, and prospecting.
The first drill began drilling last week, with the second drill starting this week. These two core drills are drilling at the project’s Boundary Zone, which previously demonstrated impressive intersections. In 2019, Fireweed intersected wide and high-grade mineralisation, which the majority of this season’s drilling will test.
Drilling will also take place at new discovery targets at Macmillan Pass, such as 240 Mile Target and the Bog Zone.
The 240 Mile Target is marked by a large gravity anomaly, which may indicate buried mineralisation between the Tom and Jason deposits. The Bog Zone, located north of the Boundary Zone, has had significant historic drill results in the past.
Fireweed has scheduled an airborne VTEM-Magnetic geophysical survey to occur over the property’s western Fertile Corridor. The results of the survey will be used to guide future work programs and exploration targeting.
Fireweed’s CEO, Brandon Macdonald, commented on the company’s new drilling program.
“The prime target this season is Boundary Zone, where last year we drilled very impressive intersections including 100 metres of 7.94 per cent zinc from surface including 6.4 metres of 42.88 per cent zinc, the best holes ever drilled in the zone.
“We will also be drilling new targets based on geophysics and other field work which have good potential for new discoveries.
“It’s going to be a busy couple months to accomplish the large work program we have planned, and we look forward to seeing the results of our efforts,” he said.
Fireweed Zinc (FWZ) is up 2.86 per cent and is trading at C$0.72 per share at 11:28am EDT.