- Entertainment company, Fandom Sports Media (CSE:FDM) has appointed Neil Duffy to its Advisory Board
- Neil is the Chief Commercial Officer of WorldGaming Network and Collegiate StarLeague, e-sports tournament platforms and operators
- He brings a wealth of experience and connections in the e-sports industry to Fandom Sports
- The company will grant Neil 200,000 performance incentive stock options at C$0.32 each, with a five year expiry term
- Fandom Sports Media (FDM) is up 12.50 per cent and is currently trading at 32 cents per share
Entertainment company, Fandom Sports Media (CSE:FDM) has announced the appointment of Neil Duffy to its Advisory Board.
Neil is currently the Chief Commercial Officer of WorldGaming Network (WGN) and Collegiate StarLeague (CSL). Both are platforms and operators for e-sports tournaments.
WGN’s platform had over 3 million global members, who played 11 million matches for over C$60 million in awarded prizes. Cineplex Entertainment acquired WGN, before Neil led the acquisition of CSL, on WGN’s behalf.
In the last five years, CSL has become the largest collegiate e-sports league and tournament operator in the world. Over 1,800 university and college campuses across North America participate on the platform. This encompasses over 70,000 student-gamers, playing in 15 different games.
In addition to this wealth of experience, Neil also has considerable connections from time as a sales and partnership maker. Through the e-sports industry, he has worked with major brands including TikTok, EA Sports, 2K, Riot Games, ESPN, and Capcom.
Neil commented on his appointment to the company’s advisory board.
“I’m looking forward to joining the advisory board at Fandom Sports, and supporting leadership through my experience in partnerships, sponsorships, and M&A.
“Fandom Sports has built a unique and innovate Esports ecosystem that covers both social interaction by fans, as well as real money wagering. This full-spectrum industry coverage positions them to scale rapidly and globally, while cementing themselves as industry leaders,” he said.
The company will grant Neil 200,000 performance incentive stock options, at $0.32 each, with a five year expiry term. The options will vest immediately.
Fandom Sports Media (FDM) is up 12.50 per cent and trading at 32 cents per share at 2:25pm EDT.