- Rideshare company, Facedrive (TSXV:FD) has announced a partnership with the Middlesex-London Health Unit, to help combat COVID-19
- Residents of Middlesex County and London, Ontario will have access to transport services with COVID-19 trained drivers
- Specifically, Facedrive will convey MLHU clients to and from COVID-19 assessment centres, at discounted flat rates
- Two days ago, the company announced a similar program for Canadian healthcare workers on the COVID-19 front lines
- Facedrive was trading for $2.86 per share at yesterday’s market close
Rideshare company, Facedrive (TSXV:FD) has announced a partnership with the Middlesex-London Health Unit, to help combat COVID-19.
The two entities have teamed up to offer safe transport services to residents of Middlesex County and London, Ontario. The partnership will cover rides to and from the region’s COVID-19 assessment centres.
Clients of MLHU will be able to undergo coronavirus testing more easily, with the help of Facedrive. The rideshare company will convey riders to the Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre and Oakridge Arena at a discounted rate.
In order to maintain driver and rider safety, Facedrive is forming a fleet of “COVID-19 trained” drivers. These employees will be trained in relevant safety protocols, and receive essential protective equipment. This will include hand sanitisers, gloves, disinfectant spray, and face masks.
Two days ago, Facedrive announced a similar program for Canadian healthcare workers, called Facedrive Health. The initiative provides workers with safe, discounted rides between their homes and hospital workplaces. The enterprise will also offer delivery services for essential medical supplies and medicine.
The company plans to continue partnering with other health agencies, pharmacies, and medical professionals during the crisis.
Facedrive’s Chief Operating Officer, Suman Pushparajah, expressed the company’s belief in collective action.
“COVID-19 is an unprecedented global pandemic that requires an extraordinary level of collaborative effort from all of us – governments, businesses, and individuals. Through our joint initiative with the Middlesex-London Health Unit, Facedrive is committed to participate in emergency response to the outbreak on a daily basis.
“Given the urgent need, our intention is to make these response services available to the public with immediate effect. We also intend to maintain necessary safety precautions and implementing maximum user protection measures,” Suman said.
Facedrive was trading for $2.86 per share at yesterday’s market close.