- Facedrive (TSXV:FD) will officially launch its rideshare services in Orillia, Ontario within the next 30 days
- The Canadian company is the first rideshare service to ever receive a business license in the Sunshine City
- Using the Facedrive app, Orillia residents will be able to request rides in electric, hybrid, or gas-powered vehicles
- Orillia’s local government and general population have welcomed the impending launch
- Facedrive (FD) is down 6.44 per cent, with shares currently trading at C$4.21
Facedrive (TSXV:FD) has announced plans to officially launch its rideshare services in Orillia, Ontario within the next 30 days.
The Canadian company will be the first rideshare service to ever be licensed in the city of Orillia, nicknamed “The Sunshine City”.
Using the Facedrive app, residents of Orillia will be able to request rides in electric, hybrid, or gas-powered vehicles.
Orillia’s local government have met the news of the impending launch with enthusiasm. Orillia’s Mayor, Steve Clarke, expressed their excitement.
“On behalf of Orillia Council, I would like to welcome Facedrive to the Sunshine City. Our Council has always been unanimous in our desire to welcome ride-sharing services to operate in Orillia.
“We are pleased that our citizens and local businesses will have even more transportation options available to them,” he said.
Facedrive currently services a number of other Ontario cities, including Toronto, Hamilton, London, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge.
The rideshare service has experienced a strong and steady growth in business, thanks to the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
Facedrive has encouraged drivers of electric cars to work for the company to help reduce carbon emissions on Canada’s roads. In addition, the company donates a portion of every gas or hybrid vehicle fare to carbon offset initiatives, like tree planting by Forests Ontario.
Facedrive COO Suman Pushparajah, commented on the launch.
“We are excited to be expanding into the City of Orillia, as we continue to offer fair pricing and ethical business practices to offer an eco-friendly choice of travel to the residents and visitors of the city,” he said.
Facedrive (FD) is down 6.44 per cent, with shares currently trading for C$4.21 at 12:51pm EST.