- Rideshare company, Facedrive (TSXV:FD) has launched the Facedrive Marketplace, an online and in-app store selling eco-friendly products
- According to Facedrive, it represents the company’s ongoing commitment to sustainable, planet-first practices, which has earned it a loyal customer base
- Users can access the Marketplace via the company’s website, or on the Facedrive app, which is available for download worldwide
- The company will also extend Facedrive Marketplace services to regions outside of its ridesharing territories
- Facedrive’s share price is up 5.60 per cent, and is currently trading for $3.58 per share
Rideshare company, Facedrive (TSXV:FD) has launched the Facedrive Marketplace, an online and in-app store selling eco-friendly products.
The company currently provides people with rides through its network of electric, hybrid, and gas-powered vehicle drivers. Facedrive encourages drivers of electric cars to work for them, in order to offset carbon emissions on Canadian roads. In addition, it donates a portion of every gas or hybrid fare to carbon offset initiatives, like tree-planting.
Facedrive is now supplementing its offerings with the introduction of a retail arm, featuring related content, merchandise, and services. Facedrive Market aims to become a one-stop shop for customers wanting to contribute to sustainable transportation.
The company has secured partnerships with numerous like-minded businesses, influencers, and celebrities. Through the partnerships, Facedrive will showcase socially responsible organisations and sustainble brands.
In return, the partners will gain exposure to Facedrive’s customer base. The as yet unannounced partners may also take advantage of Facedrive’s driver network, to provide deliveries and shipments.
Users can access the Marketplace via the company’s website, or on the Facedrive app, which is available for download worldwide. In a push for global expansion, the company will extend Facedrive Marketplace services to regions outside of its ridesharing territories.
Facedrive’s CEO, Sayan Navaratnam, expressed the company’s excitement about launching the Facedrive Marketplace.
“Facedrive Marketplace adds another eco-friendly, sustainable revenue stream to our expanding ride-hailing platform. At the same time, it further enhances the full experience of our users, in line with our responsibility to protect and preserve our planet.
“At Facedrive, we believe that you don’t need to be a hardcore activist/environmentalist to make a difference. Every little thing you do towards helping the planet adds up.
“We can collectively work together to make a difference, by doing simple things such as purchasing eco-friendly/sustainable items. In this way, and through these contributions to both people and planet, Facedrive seeks to position itself above its competitors,” Sayan said.
Facedrive’s share price is up 5.60 per cent, and trading for $3.58 per share, as of 10:47am EST.