- Excellon (EXN) has begun its 5,000 m diamond drilling program at the Kilgore Project in Idaho
- The program is focusing on high-priority high-grade gold targets at Mine Ridge and Prospect Ridge
- The project boasts an indicated resource of 825,000 ounces gold and an inferred resource of 136,000 ounces gold
- Excellon is advancing its gold and silver growth pipeline in the U.S., Germany and Mexico
- Excellon Resources (EXN) is unchanged trading at $0.485 per share
Excellon (EXN) has begun its 5,000 m diamond drilling program at the Kilgore Project in Idaho.
The program is focusing on high-priority targets at Mine Ridge and Prospect Ridge based on soil orientation surveys and high-grade gold mineralization from historical drilling and exploration beyond the resource envelope.
The company will conduct induced polarization and magnetotelluric surveys over 75 line km, as well as property-wide surface sampling based on targets from satellite data analysis.
The Kilgore Project spans 6,788 hectares and hosts a caldera-related, epithermal gold deposit. Its indicated resource stands at 44.6 Mt at 0.58 g/t gold for 825,000 ounces gold, while its inferred resource totals 9.4 Mt at 0.45 g/t gold for 136,000 ounces gold.
Excellon intends to file Q2 2022 financial results before the market opens on July 28, 2022.
“We are strategically targeting zones with high-grade potential while looking to expand the resource and further improve understanding of the structural controls of high-grade mineralization at the Kilgore Deposit,” stated Jorge Ortega, Vice President Exploration. “Our program utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to exploration through the use of oriented core drilling, subsurface imaging and surface sampling techniques to realize the full potential of the deposit and project.”
Excellon is advancing its gold and silver growth pipeline in the U.S., Germany and Mexico.
Excellon Resources (EXN) is unchanged trading at $0.485 per share as of 1:43 pm EST.