- Euro Sun Mining (ESM) secured an important environmental permit
- The company was granted an Environmental License by the Hunedoara County Environmental Protection Agency in Romania
- The permit pertains to the Urban Zoning Plan for the company’s Rovina Valley Mining Project
- The company is now targeting the third quarter of 2023 for the start of construction
- Euro Sun Mining is unchanged on the day, trading at $0.12 at 10 am ET
The Hunedoara County Environmental Protection Agency has granted the Toronto-based resource explorer an Environmental License in Romania.
The agency has now successfully completed a Strategic Environmental Assessment approval process.
The permit pertains to the Urban Zoning Plan for the company’s Rovina Valley Mining Project.
“The meeting allowed the participants to address the Agency with a variety of comments and questions related to the project. Our strong environmental processes with no cyanide, minimal water usage and dry tailings deposition means a minimal and managed impact to the mine site area. The advanced work by our team and supporting consultants over the last several years allowed us to respond confidently and favorably to all questions raised during this public forum,” said Euro Sun Chief Operating Officer Sam Rasmussen.
Euro Sun is continuing to receive other necessary approvals.
The company is now targeting the third quarter of 2023 for the start of construction.
The company owns a 100-percent interest in the Rovina Valley gold and copper project which hosts the second largest gold deposit in Europe.
Euro Sun Mining is unchanged on the day, trading at $0.12 at 10 am ET.