- Endeavour Mining (TSX:EDV) has released assay results from its Melladito vein exploration work at its Bolanitos mine in Mexico
- The best assay was 24.3 grams per tonne gold and 787 grams per tonne silver over 1.5 meters
- Other results included 12.5 grams per tonne gold and 50 grams per tonne silver over 1.1 metres, and 7.37 grams per tonne gold and 170 grams per tonne silver over 2.7 metres
- The San Miguel vein at Bolanitos is due for production within the third quarter of this year, following exploration last year
- Endeavour Mining (EDV) is trading up 2.25 per cent and is trading at C$32.77 per share with a market cap of $3.64 billion
Endeavour Mining (TSX:EDV) has released assays from its Melladito vein at the company’s Bolanitos mine in Mexico.
The latest exploration program was conducted over the first quarter of this year and returned assay results as high as 24.3 grams per tonne gold and 787 grams per tonne silver over 1.5 meters.
Other highlights from Melladito include 12.5 grams per tonne gold and 50 grams per tonne silver over 1.1 metres, and 7.37 grams per tonne gold and 170 grams per tonne silver over 2.7 metres.
A total of 14 holes were drilled at the site, with eight returning high grade at what Endeavour has called mineable widths.
The South American miner has already intersected significant high-grade silver-gold mineralization at the site and believes it has continued that trend with the latest exploration program.
Endeavour aims to develop the Melladito vein in the same way it developed the San Miguel vein at the same site, which is due to go into production in the third quarter of this year.
Endeavour Mining CEO, Bradford Cooke stated the company was once again focusing on discovering new resources within the Melladito vein, after being interrupted by the pandemic earlier this year.
“Exploration activities were halted on April 1 2020 due to the government mandated suspension of non-essential activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Now that the government has decreed that the mining industry can go back to work, subject to certain conditions, the exploration team will resume drilling at Bolanitos and other projects on or after June 1 2020,” he said.
Endeavour Mining (EDV) is trading up 2.25 per cent and is currently trading at C$32.77 per share at 11:57 am EDT.