- Cannabis company Empower Clinics (CSE:CBDT) has launched nation-wide telemedicine services, through its Sun Valley Health division
- The company will begin by offering physicians access to its new digital health platform
- Telemedicine will be available both in-clinic, and virtually, through secure video, on browser, and via mobile app
- Empower has a base of 165,000 patients, and may reach an additional 329 million people in its US roll-out
- Empower’s share price was trading for 7 cents per share on Thursday’s market close
Cannabis company Empower Clinics (CSE:CBDT) has launched nation-wide telemedicine services, through its Sun Valley Health division.
Sun Valley is moving forward with its digital health initiatives, such as safe and secure physician-patient interactions. The company will begin by offering physicians access to its new digital health platform. Doctors will use the platform for a variety of physician-based consultations.
Empower’s telemedicine services will be available both in-clinic, and virtually, through secure video, on browsers, and via mobile app. Specifically, the early initiatives will combine in-clinic virtual kiosk-based physician visits, and full telemedicine virtual consultations. The full telemedicine services will depend on patient ability.
Telemedicine and telehealth have experienced a sudden and extraordinary boom with the advent of the recent COVID-19 pandemic. As the virus keeps people in isolation, the need for remote medical visits has become a necessity.
Empower Clinics’ CEO, Steven McAuley, commented on how the company and industry is responding to the global health crisis.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed the interaction between physicians and patients. The situation requires immediate advancement in technology solutions, that offer safe interactions to a vast array of patient needs.
Our team are fast-tracking progressive technology, products, and service options, to support the needs of our patients, staff, and community,” he said.
Empower currently has a base of 165,000 patients. However, as the company begins a nation-wide rollout in the US, it could potentially reach an additional 329 million people.
Based on recommendations from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Empower has made changes to clinic operations and patient management. These changes are in line with the CDC’s specific guidance for healthcare facilities.
Empower’s share price was trading for 7 cents per share on Thursday’s market close.