- Empower Clinics unveils latest product – the new MediSure Empower Blood Glucose Monitor (BGM)
- New BGM is designed by leveraging all strengths of its earlier version that was used for years by thousands of Canadians with diabetes
- MediSure Empower BGM devices expected to be available at more than 11,000 pharmacies across Canada next month
- Empower Clinics Inc. (CBDT) is up 7.14 per cent trading at $0.075 per share at 11:57 am EDT.
Empower Clinics (CBDT) has announced the launch of its latest product innovation – the new MediSure Empower Blood Glucose Monitor (BGM).
A BGM is a small medical device that measures how much glucose is in the blood – also known as the blood glucose level. People with diabetes rely on blood glucose monitoring to help them manage their condition. According to government data, more than 40 million people in Canada and the U.S. suffer from diabetes.
Fully approved by Health Canada, the new MediSure Empower BGM showcases significant improvements including:
- Requiring smaller blood sample size
- Support for alternative sites for blood removal beyond fingers
- Improved testing strips that improve accuracy
- Faster reaction time for results – less than six seconds
- Data management via Bluetooth capability and connection to Apple and Android devices
- Programmable test reminder alarms
Steven McAuley, Chairman and CEO of Empower Clinics, commented on the news.
“The launch of this cutting edge medical test device for the millions who suffer from diabetes is another example of Medisure’s vision to be a global leader for at-home testing solutions. We know that pharmacies across Canada have been eagerly awaiting the launch of this product because we’ve already received pre-launch orders. I’m very proud of the entire team at Medisure as they continue to innovate and launch new products – like Vitamin D test kits and this new BGM – that have immediate market adoption with pre-launch orders.”
Empower Clinics Inc. (CBDT) is up 7.14 per cent trading at $0.075 per share at 11:57 am EDT.