- Emerald Health Therapeutics (EMH) joint venture, Pure Sunfarms, has begun shipping its branded cannabis products to Manitoba
- The company’s packaged dried flower products will be available at the first 26 participating retailers, starting this week
- Pure Sunfarms is also preparing to launch its bottled oil and vape products in the weeks to come
- During late June and early July, Pure Sunfarms achieved record cannabis sales in Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta
- Emerald Health Therapeutics (EMH) is down 2.56 per cent and is currently trading at $0.19 per share
Emerald Health Therapeutics’ (EMH) joint venture, Pure Sunfarms, has begun shipping its branded cannabis products to Manitoba.
The company’s packaged dried flower products are being delivered to the province’s licensed private sector retailers. The products should be available at the first 26 participating retailers this week.
This first step into Manitoba is the latest development in Pure Sunfarms’ ongoing expansion across Canada. The company’s products are now available in five of Canada’s six most populated provinces, reaching over 70 per cent of the nation.
Manitoba is the sixth-largest Canadian province by cannabis sales, and counts for approximately 4.5 per cent of the country’s total sales.
Pure Sunfarms is now preparing to launch its first bottled oil and vape products in the weeks to come. The company also plans to continue advancing its Canadian expansions, through discussions with other provincial distributors about supply agreements.
Pure Sunfarms’ President and CEO, Mandesh Dosanjh, commented on the joint venture’s continuing expansion.
“We are thrilled to further expand our presence in Canada, and make Pure Sunfarms’ products available to even more Canadians by adding our fifth province.
“We are confident that the Pure Sunfarms brand and products, with quality, signature strains at an attractive price, will be received by Manitobans with the same enthusiasm that they have been in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan,” he said.
Pure Sunfarms has indeed been rather successful in other provinces thus far. The brand continues to rank as the top-selling dried flower brand at the Ontario Cannabis Store, for the year to date.
During a four-week period ending July 19, 2020, the brand achieved record cannabis sales in Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta. The sales of the final week were also a record for a one-week period.
Emerald Health Therapeutics (EMH) is down 2.56 per cent and is trading at $0.19 per share at 11:07am EDT.