- Emerald Health Therapeutics’ (TSXV:EMH) joint venture, Pure Sunfarms, has received a cultivation and sales license from Health Canada
- The license allows for the capacity expansion of its second cannabis greenhouse facility in Delta, British Columbia
- Pure Sunfarms is currently preparing to roll out its first bottled cannabis oils and Cannabis 2.0 offerings this summer
- The roll-out will start with a selection of Pure Sunfarms-branded vape cartridges and disposable vape pens
- Emerald Health Therapeutics (EMH) is up 11.63 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.24 per share
Emerald Health Therapeutics’ (TSXV:EMH) joint venture, Pure Sunfarms, has received a cultivation and sales license from Health Canada.
The license is for the venture’s second cannabis greenhouse facility in Delta, British Columbia. It will allow for the 1.1 million square foot facility to expand its capacity as required through future license amendments.
Once operational, the Delta 2 facility will help to lower Pure Sunfarms’ already incredibly low cultivation costs.
Pure Sunfarms is currently preparing for the launch of its first bottled cannabis oils and Cannabis 2.0 products this summer.
The Cannabis 2.0 roll-out will start with a selection of pre-filled 510 vape cartridges, which will make extract forms of its dried cannabis strains available. The venture will also roll out a selection of disposable vape pens.
All of the Cannabis 2.0 products set for release this summer will come under the Pure Sunfarms brand.
Emerald’s President and CEO, Riaz Bandali, commented on the progress of its joint venture.
“The ongoing expansion of Pure Sunfarms’ cultivation capacity and extension of its product lines will continue to expand its flexibility and competitiveness to offer consumers choices that meet their preferences in form, quality, and value – which are already being met as seen through Pure Sunfarms’ stellar performance, for example, in Ontario.
“We expect Pure Sunfarms to continue to build on its operating and market leadership in its broad segment of the market,” he said.
Emerald Health Therapeutics (EMH) is up 11.63 per cent, and is trading for $0.24 per share, as of 2:35pm EDT.