- Cannabis company, Elixxer Limited (TSXV:ELXR) and its pharmaceutical partner, Freia, are producing a respiratory function supplement
- The supplement, ImmunoV Forte, is intended to protect the human respiratory tract from viruses, bacteria, smoke, and pollution
- Freia is starting clinical trials on the supplement’s active ingredients, and will release the results soon
- ImmunoV Forte will be available for sale in Europe by mid-April
- Elixxer Limited (ELXR) is up 16.67 per cent, and is currently trading at 3.5 cents per share
Cannabis company, Elixxer Limited (TSXV:ELXR) and its pharmaceutical partner, Freia, are producing a respiratory function supplement.
The nutritional supplement, ImmunoV Forte, is designed to improve respiratory function in the human body. It will also hopefully protect the respiratory tract from airborne infections, respiratory viruses, bacteria, smoke, and pollution.
According to Freia’s research, continual use of ImmunoV Forte’s combined ingredients can yield positive results.
In particular, use of the product can contribute to improving the immune system, even during or after intense physical activity. The water-soluble supplement also helps to protect cells from oxidative stress and the metabolism of fatty acids.
This announcement may appear timely, as the world contends with a pandemic that causes respiratory damage and distress. However, Elixxer and Freia are not implying or claiming that the product can eliminate, cure, or mitigate the COVID-19 virus.
Freia is starting clinical trials on the active ingredients in ImmunoV Forte, in order to evaluate the product. After the trials are completed, the company will release the results to the market.
According to today’s release, ImmunoV Forte will be available for sale in Europe as soon as mid-April.
Freia has confirmed with Elixxer that its production facilities and laboratories will remain open during the crisis. This is because the Italian company qualifies as an essential pharmaceutical business.
Elixxer plans to continue working with Freia to bring medical products to European, UK, and North American markets.
Elixxer Limited (ELXR) is up 16.67 per cent, and is currently trading for 3.5 cents per share at 1:29pm EST.