- Eguana Technologies (EGT) has partnered with Highlight Solar to bring residential energy storage systems to the Bay Area
- The companies will collaborate to produce and install Eguana’s Evolve Home Energy Storage Systems in Northern California homes
- The Evolve system allows homeowners to store excess solar power, for use in the evenings or during grid failures
- Highlight Solar plans to complete the first round of Evolve systems in August, with installations following soon after
- Eguana Technologies (EGT) is up 16 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.14 per share
Eguana Technologies (EGT) has partnered with Highlight Solar to bring residential energy storage systems to the Bay Area.
The collaboration centres around the manufacture and installation of Eguana’s Evolve Home Energy Storage System.
Evolve is a fully integrated energy storage system, designed for residential properties, which allows homeowners to store excess solar power. The extra power can be saved for use in the evenings, or in the event of a grid failure.
Eguana and Highlight Solar will work together to produce and install the Evolve systems in homes across North California. This includes residential areas in San Jose and the San Francisco Bay Area.
The state of California, which has over 800,000 residential solar PV installations, represents a substantial opportunity for the partnership.
Eguana’s Director of Global Sales, Livio Filice, commented on the company’s collaboration with Highlight Solar.
“Highlight Solar is one of the most trusted solar brands in Northern California, and we are delighted to be selected as their primary energy storage partner.
“Over the past year, Eguana has gained significant traction in the Southern California market, where we have built an impressive solar dealer and wholesale partner network.
“With our additional California team members in place, we are now addressing the Northern California market where homeowners will benefit from increased energy security and independence, as well as reduced energy costs with either the Evolve NMC or LFP Storage systems,” he said.
Highlight Solar expects to complete the first round of Evolve energy storage systems in August. Installation of the energy storage systems will follow thereafter, taking place throughout the rest of 2020.
Eguana Technologies (EGT) is up 16 per cent and is trading at $0.14 per share, as of 2:12pm EDT.