- Soil health company, Earth Alive Clean Technologies (TSX:EAC), has secured a sale agreement with a major mining operation in Brazil
- Per the agreement, the company will trial its EA1 dust suppressant at an iron ore mine in Minas Gerais
- The mining group which made the agreement has previously trialled the technology at a different location
- These trials are part of the approval process for Earth Alive to become the mining group’s multi-site provider
- Earth Alive Clean Technologies’ (EAC) share price remains unchanged, and is currently trading for 7.5 cents per share
Soil health company, Earth Alive Clean Technologies (TSX:EAC), has secured a sale agreement with a major mining operation in Brazil.
Per the agreement, Earth Alive will conduct a trial of its EA1 dust suppressant at the mining group’s site. The six-week onsite trial will validate the technology’s efficacy at a large open-pit iron ore mine in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
EA1 is a microbial, environmentally safe alternative to haul road dust suppression. It reduces particulates by 95 per cent and water consumption by over 90 per cent.
The mining group which signed the agreement has already trialled the dust suppressant once before at a different location. This second trial is part of an approval process. If approved, Earth Alive will become the mining group’s multi-site provider for dust suppression solutions.
Just over three weeks ago, Earth Alive announced a similar trial of the EA1 dust suppressant elsewhere. The company said that it would conduct a four-week, 15,000 square metre test at an open-pit mine in northern Chile.
Earth Alive’s CEO, Michael Warren, said that the company is pleased to begin its second trial, valued at approximately C$215,000. He also noted the significance of working with an important international mining conglomerate.
“Over the past 26 months, we have begun efficiency validation and applications on seven sites globally, for a total value exceeding $3 million.
“We will expand these business relationships, once ongoing measures put in place by governments to address the COVID-19 pandemic give way to a more normal business environment,” he said.
Earth Alive Clean Technologies’ (EAC) share price remains unchanged, and is trading for 7.5 cents per share as of 11:45am EST.