- Spearmint Resources (SPMT) has completed the maiden drill program on its fully-owned Goose Gold Project in Newfoundland
- The company located and drilled four diamond drill holes (DDH) for a total of 677 metres
- The company identified multiple mineralized and altered fault zones
- Spearmint Resources is a mineral exploration company whose principal business activities include acquiring, exploring and evaluating mineral properties
- Spearmint Resources Inc. opened trading at C$0.065 per share
Spearmint Resources (SPMT) has completed the maiden drill program on the 100-per-cent owned Goose Gold Project in Newfoundland.
The company drilled four diamond drill holes (DDH) for a total 677 metres.
The purpose of the drill program was to test targets identified along a major NE-trending magnetic lineament and several narrow magnetic trends that also contained overlapping geochemical anomalies.
These targets were generated as a result of the phase one program completed in 2021.
The company reports that the 2022 diamond drilling program identified multiple mineralized and altered fault zones.
All DDH holes completed on the Goose Gold property have intersected faulting and shearing zones consisting of graphitic shale alteration and containing multiple generations of quartz veining and stockwork.
Several generations of quartz-carbonate veins were observed to contain sulphide mineralization, including boulangerite, chalcopyrite and arsenopyrite. Minor vuggy quartz veining with stylolitic textures was noted in multiple core segments within each hole drilled.
“We are pleased to have now completed the much-anticipated maiden drill program on our Goose Gold Project directly bordering New Found Gold Corp.’s Queensway project,” said James Nelson, President of Spearmint Resources.
“We look forward to receiving the drill results and feel the second half of 2022 could have a significant impact for our shareholders,” he added.
Spearmint Resources is a mineral exploration company whose principal business activities include acquiring, exploring and evaluating mineral properties.
Spearmint Resources Inc. (SPMT) opened trading at C$0.065 per share.