- The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) has launched its Mosaic Biosciences platform, a global program to bring leading-edge science to the agriculture market
- Biological technologies on offer are designed to optimize yield, regardless of crop
- The company’s investment in the multi-billion dollar agricultural biologicals market follows a downgrade from Barclays because of macro and logistical pressures
- The Mosaic Company is a global leader in the production and marketing of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients
- The Mosaic Company stock (NYSE:MOS) opened with a loss of 1.33 per cent trading at US$40.07 per share
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) has launched its Mosaic Biosciences platform, a global program to bring leading-edge science to the agriculture market.
Technologies under the platform “enhance crop health and support the natural biology in plants and soil, ultimately maximizing the yield potential of every field,” according to a Tuesday news release.
Examples include biological fertilizer complements, PowerCoat and BioPath, which “improve nutrient use efficiency and enhance plant growth and vigor,” as well as products that mitigate abiotic stress from drought, heat and salinity. Scientists at Mosaic Biosciences are also building a pipeline of new biologicals to improve plant health, stress management, nutrient uptake and crop yield.
Mosaic’s investment to bring the latest biological technologies to growers aligns with an agricultural biologicals market slated to grow to almost $30 billion by 2029.
The company’s bet on this technological tailwind follows Barclays’ downgrade of Mosaic, Nutrien (TSX:NTR) and CF Industries (NYSE:CF) on concerns that deferred purchases, restrictive monetary policy, falling potash prices and issues at major ports will weigh on fertilizer company share prices.
This dynamic may result in attractive entry points over the near term for investors interested in the agricultural sector.
“Mosaic Biosciences is a natural extension of our strong crop nutrition portfolio,” Floris Bielders, vice president of strategy and new business platforms at Mosaic, said in a statement. “Rooted in science and proven in the field, our portfolio of biological technologies supports the existing biology in plants and soil to deliver healthier, stronger crops. Biologicals are crucial in the evolution of crop nutrition and will elevate the potential in every field.”
The Mosaic Company is a global leader in the production and marketing of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients.
The Mosaic Company stock (NYSE:MOS) opened with a loss of 1.33 per cent trading at US$40.07 per share.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.