- Desert Gold (DAU) has completed its most recent exploration work at the SMSZ property in western Mali
- The company completed 3,579 metres of drilling work across 51 drill holes on the property
- Desert gold also sunk 1,065 auger holes on the property for a total of 9,557 metres of drilling work
- Desert gold will reveal the assays in August, once the laboratory has returned the results
- Desert Gold (DAU) is up 1.5 per cent and is trading at $0.33 per share
Desert Gold (DAU) has completed its most recent exploration work at the SMSZ property in western Mali.
The junior gold explorer drilled four core holes, 13 RC holes and 34 air core holes on the property for 3,759 metres of work on the property. The company conducted an auger drilling program totalling 1,065 holes for 9,557 metres of work on the property, alongside the deeper drilling work.
The assays are still pending from that work, but the company is very happy with the results thus far, prompting it to go slightly above the planned total drilling.
The company drilled three core holes for 676 metres of work and 12 RC holes of 1,136 metres of work on the Gourbassi East and West exploration zones on the property.
The program followed an earlier an intercept at Gourbassi East, which graded at 3.52 grams per tonne over 33 metres.
Exploration work on Gourbassi West found four lenses of gold mineralization along 1,000 metres along strike and up to 140 metres down hole. The thickest mineralization dipped in shallow veins towards the north of the property and is hosted within a hydrothermal breccia.
The auger drilling was intended to test the mineralization below an iron deposit layer, which is commonly found in the region. The company ran 21 wide-spaced auger drill fences that sunk just over 100 holes to an average depth of nine metres.
CEO of Desert Gold Jared Scharf said he was very pleased the team has been able to complete the planned drilling before the rainy season set in.
“All samples have been delivered to the laboratory. We are looking forward to the results, which we believe will continue to demonstrate the value of this large sized, well situated exploration property,” he said.
Desert Gold (DAU) is up 1.5 per cent and is trading at C$0.33 per share at 12:30 pm EDT.