- Defiance Silver (TSXV:DEF) shared new sampling of drill cores that revealed high grade and wide zones within the San Acacio project area
- Defiance geologists identified and targeted favourable structural positions and mineralization styles that were overlooked in historic sampling campaigns
- The company designed re-logging and sampling of historic drill holes was to identify and sample mineralization that was not analyzed during previous drill campaigns
- Defiance Silver Corp. last traded at $0.13 per share
Defiance Silver (TSXV:DEF) shared new sampling of drill cores that revealed high grade and wide zones within the San Acacio project area.
Defiance geologists identified and targeted favourable structural positions and mineralization styles that were overlooked in historic sampling campaigns.
The Vancouver-based miner designed re-logging and sampling of historic drill holes was to identify and sample mineralization that was not analyzed during previous drill campaigns.
The updated geologic models and new assays confirm for the team and expand upon the mineralized vein splays and veinlet zones that were identified during recent drilling campaigns. These zones of high-grade silver veinlets and stockwork zones are significant ongoing exploration targets and are being incorporated into the deposit model.
- SAD-17-14 – discovered wide widths of appreciable grades including 6.83 metres of 157 g/t AgEq (from 283.21 – 290.04 metres) including 2.30 metres of 376 g/t AgEq (from 284.65 – 286.95 metres) with a high-grade sub interval of 1180.00 g/t Ag and 2.23 g/t Au or 1369 g/t AgEq (from 284.65 – 285.00 metres)
- SAD-17-15 – returned a significant interval of silver mineralization of 36.70 metres of 154.80 g/t Ag or 162 g/t AgEq (from 191.30 – 228.00 metres) when composited with the previously released results
- SAD-17-16 – encountered 2.31 metres of 202 g/t AgEq (from 219.40 – 221.71 metres) in the Veta Navidad zone
- SAD-15-06 – returned 2.50 metres of 127 g/t AgEq (from 155.00 – 157.50 metres) in a hanging-wall (HW) veinlet-array splay zone
- SAD-15-07 – intersected 1.12 metre of 267 g/t AgEq (from 156.35 – 157.47 metres), as well as a 3.77 metres interval of 123 g/t AgEq from 166.07 – 169.84 metres
- SAD-15-08 – a 1.63 metre interval returned 165 g/t AgEq (from 97.65 – 99.28 metres) and a 1.54 metre interval of 212 g/t AgEq (from 131.15 – 132.69 metres) in the Veta Navidad zone
“Multiple years of technical analysis have outlined and confirmed that resource building targets exist in the hanging-wall and footwall of the main Veta Grande structure,” the company’s chairman and CEO, Chris Wright commented in a news release. “Our team has diligently built a comprehensive geologic model that has led to the intersection of wide intervals and high-grade mineralization.”
Select table of results:
|Hole ID||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Ag g/t||Au g/t||Pb per cent||Zn per cent||AgEq g/t||QAQC|
Defiance Silver Corp. is an exploration company advancing the district-scale San Acacio Deposit, located in the historic Zacatecas Silver District and the Tepal Gold/Copper Project in Michoacán state, Mexico.
Defiance Silver Corp. last traded at $0.13 per share.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.