- Datametrex AI (TSXV:DM) has received a purchase order for COVID-19 test kits, from yet another Canadian mining company
- This is the latest of many Canadian miners to make similar purchase orders with the company
- Datametrex will provide the buyer with 10,000 COVID-19 detection kits, for approximately C$450,000
- The buyer’s operations are in Ontario and Quebec, provinces with over 90 per cent of Canada’s COVID-19 cases
- Datametrex AI (DM) is up 4.35 per cent and is currently trading at 12 cents per share
Datametrex AI (TSXV:DM) has received a purchase order for COVID-19 test kits, from yet another Canadian mining company.
In the last few months, the company has announced numerous other similar purchase orders from Canadian miners.
Datametrex will provide 10,000 COVID-19 detection kits, manufactured by 1drop Inc. The kits will include 10,000 sterile swabs and two detection system machines, for analysing samples.
The purchase order is worth approximately C$450,000, excluding shipping and courier fees. Datametrex has already secured all of the components for the kits, which it will distribute to the company’s operations.
The unidentified buyer has thousands of employees across multiple jurisdictions.
The buyer’s mining operations are in Ontario and Quebec, the provinces with the highest number of COVID-19 cases. In fact, Ontario and Quebec account for over 90 per cent of Canada’s COVID-19 cases.
Until a vaccine for the pandemic becomes available, mining communities must tread carefully. As miners start to return to work, the risk of spreading COVID-19 will inevitably increase.
As such, frequent testing will be essential as companies tentatively restart operations. The World Health Organisation has encouraged countries to increase testing of populations, in order to reduce the spread.
The hope is that a combination of testing, isolation, and contract tracing will allow Canada to avoid further infection.
Datametrex’s CEO, Marshall Gunter, said that it’s an honour to assist Canadian companies in the pandemic.
“We are proud to be able to help Canadians and companies to reopen businesses around the world, and to help people return to work safely.
“We sincerely wish them and all Canadian companies the best during this pandemic,” he said.
Datametrex AI (DM) is up 4.35 per cent and trading at 12 cents per share at 11:35am EDT.