- Datametrex AI (TSXV:DM) has received government approval to fill an order for COVID-19 testing kits for a mining client in Mali, West Africa
- The client has placed an order for approximately C$500,000-worth of COVID-19 testing equipment, for use at its West African mine site
- The order is made up of 10,000 detection kits, 10,000 sterile swabs and a detection machine to analyse the results
- At the onset of the pandemic, Datametrex formed relationships with manufacturers in South Korea to supply companies unable to source the kits quickly
- Datametrex AI (DM) is up 8.3 per cent and is trading at 13 cents per share
Datametrex AI (TSXV:DM) has received government approval to fill an order for COVID-19 testing kits for a mining client in Mali, West Africa.
The company pivoted towards providing companies with coronavirus testing kits during the virus, when it identified most private companies are unable to provide the kits.
Under the terms of the order, Datametrex will sell an initial 10,000 novel COVID-19 detection kits, 10,000 sterile swabs and one detection system machine to analyse samples.
The test kits provide results within approximately 15 to 20 minutes and have a 99.9 per cent accuracy rating.
Each of the 10,000 kits provides 288 individual tests, all of which can be completed within an hour.
The total gross sale price for the order is approximately C$500,000, excluding shipping costs.
Datametrex has secured all the required inventory from the manufacturer. The company has anticipated little or no upfront associated costs with the sale.
Government clearance has allowed the company to begin organising shipping the order. Items are being shipped directly from manufacturers to the purchaser at the site in West Africa.
Datametrex initially secured the order in May but has been awaiting the relevant Canadian and Malian regulatory approvals.
Datametrex CEO, Marshall Gunter said the opportunity to leverage the company’s connections with Korean manufacturers was an exciting opportunity during the pandemic.
“Datametrex is honoured to be assisting in the health and welfare of mine employees and local contractors,” he said.
Datametrex AI (DM) is up 8.3 per cent and is trading at 13 cents per share at 2:01 pm EDT.