- Cypherpunk Holdings received 19,860 shares of Series B Stock of Chia through its investment in the company
- Chia Network develops an energy-efficient decentralized blockchain
- Cypherpunk has secured a leasing arrangement for IPv4 it acquired in March
- The company currently holds 360 Bitcoin and over CAD $6,000,000 in cash and is well-positioned to continue following its core investment strategy
- Cypherpunk Holdings invests in technologies and cryptocurrencies with strong privacy
- Cypherpunk Holdings Inc. (HODL) is down 5.26 per cent, trading at C$0.18 per share at 12 pm ET
Cypherpunk Holdings (HODL) is pleased to provide a corporate update.
Equity stake in Chia Network
The company has been an investor in Chia Network Inc. since July 2018, through its US$300,000 simple agreement for future equity (SAFE). On May 10, 2021, Cypherpunk Holdings received 19,860 shares of Series B Stock of Chia.
Chia Network develops an energy-efficient decentralized blockchain. In May 2021, Chia Network announced the launch of its digital currency “Chia”.
Commenting on this latest update Antanas Guoga, CEO of Cypherpunk stated,
“We are happy with our decision to invest in Chia Network. The environmental impact caused by cryptocurrencies has been at the forefront of many discussions in the industry and we believe that this is an issue that needs addressing. Chia Network uses spare storage space on hard drives to verify blockchain transactions instead of using the energy-intensive “proof of work” model employed by other cryptocurrencies, which makes Chia an exciting “green” alternative to other digital currencies. We are pleased that Chia Network continues to advance and develop its business.”
IPv4 Leasing Arrangement
Following the purchase of 16,384 IPv4 addresses in March 2021, Cypherpunk has secured a leasing arrangement. The leasing arrangement is currently generating 14.8% yield per annum on the original investment.
Cash, Cryptocurrency position & Corporate Update
The company currently holds 360 Bitcoin and over CAD $6,000,000 in cash and is well-positioned to further deploy capital and continue following its core investment strategy.
Cypherpunk is a company that invests in companies, technologies and protocols which enhance or protect privacy. Its strategy is to make targeted investments in businesses and assets with strong privacy. This is often within the blockchain ecosystem, including select cryptocurrencies. Current equity investments include Samourai Wallet, Wasabi Wallet, Chia, NGRAVE and Hydro 66.
Cypherpunk Holdings Inc. (HODL) is down 5.26 per cent, trading at C$0.18 per share at 12 pm ET.