- FuelPositive’s (NHHH) costing model and timeline for green ammonia production are summarized below
- The company’s initial systems will produce up to 100 tonnes of green anhydrous ammonia per year at a cost of C$560 per metric tonne
- Pilot systems will be ready to deploy in 2022 with serial manufacturing expected to begin in 2023
- Dave Jackson sat down with CEO Ian Clifford to discuss the exciting new project
- FuelPositive provides clean energy solutions, including carbon-free ammonia, for use across a broad spectrum of industries and applications
- FuelPositive (NHHH) closed down by 10.87 per cent trading at $0.205 per share
FuelPositive’s (NHHH) costing model and timeline for green ammonia production are as follows.
The company will focus on farming for its first demonstration pilot project. It worked from a case study based on a 1,800-acre farm in Manitoba where the average price of grey ammonia in 2021 was C$900 per tonne.
FuelPositive’s initial systems will produce up to 300 kg of green anhydrous ammonia per day, which amounts to 100 tonnes per year. Cost of production stands at $560 per metric tonne, which should dip below $500 with future systems as production efficiencies improve.
Electricity costs for the farm are estimated at $0.045 per KWh, which represents the largest component of the overall cost.
Renewable energy and carbon credits may reduce the cost by 50 per cent or more.
FuelPositive began to build its first full-sized prototype system in June 2021. The building of the second and third prototypes is scheduled to begin before the end of the year.
The team will validate the purity of the green ammonia produced by the first prototype system, as well as the OPEX numbers, by the end of March 2022. Pre-orders will begin at that point.
The first pilot system will be ready to deploy in the summer of 2022 with the second and third systems ready later that year.
As batch sizes increase, the company expects serial manufacturing to begin in 2023.
Dave Jackson spoke with CEO Ian Clifford about the project’s latest developments.
FuelPositive provides clean energy solutions, including carbon-free ammonia, for use across a broad spectrum of industries and applications.
FuelPositive (NHHH) closed down by 10.87 per cent trading at $0.205 per share.