- Corby Spirit and Wine (TSX:CSW.A) has announced the appointment of Nicolas Krantz as CEO, effective from July 1, 2020
- Nicolas will succeed the company’s current President and CEO, Patrick O’Driscoll
- Nicolas is currently CEO of Pernod Ricard Winemakers, Spain, and previously acted as CFO of Pernod Ricard, EMEA and LATAM
- With a Master of Finance and a Bachelor of Economics from the Sorbonne in Paris, Nicolas brings over 25 years of industry experience
- Corby Spirit and Wine (CSW.A) is up 2.64 per cent to C$16.74 per share, with a $467.99 million market cap
Corby Spirit and Wine (TSX:CSW.A) has announced the appointment of Nicolas Krantz as CEO, effective from July 1, 2020.
Nicolas will succeed the company’s current President and CEO, Patrick O’Driscoll, who held the role for the last ten years. Nicolas will also take up a position as director of the company, filling the vacancy left by Patrick.
Originally from France, Nicolas is currently acting as CEO of Pernod Ricard Winemakers, Spain. He has previously acted as CFO of Pernod Ricard, EMEA and LATAM. He has also held a range of executive roles within a number of Pernod Ricard affiliates and predecessor companies.
Nicolas obtained a Master of Finance and a Bachelor of Economics from Sorbonne University in Paris. Overall, he brings over 25 years of industry and corporate experience to Corby.
George McCarthy, Chairman of Corby’s Board of Directors, said the company is pleased to have found a leader of Nicolas’s calibre to replace Patrick.
“His strong leadership skills and significant industry experience should help us to continue to grow shareholder value. Nicolas will provide further momentum to Corby’s development and growth within the Canadian and international spirit and wine industry,” he added.
However, Nicolas has been left with big shoes to fill. During his time at Corby, Patrick secured long-term rights for Absolut vodka, and reignited the JP Wiser’s Canadian whisky brand. He was also fundamental in the acquisition of the Ungava Spirits brand, and introduced a variety of brand innovations.
Patrick also helped to establish Corby as a significant player in the Canadian wine industry. He accelerated the pursuit of growth opportunities in international markets and adapted to new market routes domestically.
“It has been a privilege to work alongside Patrick these past years. Amongst his many accomplishments while leading Corby, Patrick developed the strong, mutually beneficial relationship with our controlling shareholder, Pernod Ricard, that exists today,” George concluded.
Corby Spirit and Wine (CSW.A) is up 2.64 per cent to C$16.74 per share at 1:03pm EST.