- Copper Reef Mining (CSE:CZC) has announced the zinc-silver-copper results from East Big Island
- The company released gold results from the site at the start of April, returning 5.45 grams per tonne of gold over 15.28 metres
- Other results from the same hole include 21.1 per cent zinc, 0.99 per cent copper and 142.4 grams of silver per tonne.
- A further drill hole did not intersect any mineralization at the site
- Copper Reef Mining (CZC) is holding steady at C$0.19 per share, with a market cap of $4 million
Copper Reef Mining Corporation (CSE:CZC) has announced the zinc-copper-silver assay results from East Big Island’s infill drilling program.
The program is testing the East Big Island side of the Tara Massive Sulphide Zone at the company’s exploration property near Flin Flon, Manitoba.
Previous gold assays from the project have returned impressive results, with 5.45 grams per tonne of gold over 15.28 metres between 57 and 72 metres down.
Copper Reef has announced that the same drill result also includes a core length result of 21.1 per cent of zinc, 0.99 per cent copper and 142.4 grams silver.
This shows shallow massive sulphides within the deposit, while a second drill hole at the site from the more recent drilling program tested a geophysical target anticipated to be the dip-down extension of the Tara deposits horizon.
This was unfortunately not the case and the hole was instead a barren sulphide hanging wall, seperate from the Tara deposit.
This same phenomenon occurs at the main mine, which was operated by Hudbay Minerals previously on the site.
Similar high grade results were intercepted when the Massive Sulphide Zone was first drilled in 1987 to 1988 by a different company. Those historic results included results of 7.5 metres of 20 per cent zinc, 1.19 per cent copper, 110.03 grams per tonne of silver and 7.20 grams per tonne of gold.
The Tara deposit is located four kilometres east of the formerly producing Trout Lake Mine, which produced more than 20 million tonnes of ore over its lifetime.
Copper Reef Mining Corporation (CZC) is holding steady atC $0.19 per share at 3:04pm EST.