- Clean TeQ (CLQ) has completed its first Continuous Ion Exchange Desalination (DESALX) plant at Kirkland Lake's Fosterville Gold Mine
- The company was commissioned to design and supply a two million litre-per-day water treatment plant which would treat mine process water
- The plant construction was completed in late 2019 and recently passed the necessary performance tests to begin commercial work
- Clean TeQ will now focus on completing an additional project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as well as several pilot programs in China
- Clean TeQ (CLQ) is currently up 37.5 per cent and is trading at C$0.22 per share
Clean TeQ (CLQ) has completed its first Continuous Ion Exchange Desalination (DESALX) plant at Kirkland Lake's Fosterville Gold Mine.
The company signed a contract with Kirkland Lake in mid-December 2017, which outlined the design and supply of a two million litre-per-day water treatment plant at the mine in Victoria, Australia.
Construction of the plant was completed in late-2019, and was commissioned to begin operations earlier this year.
Now, following the satisfaction of necessary performance tests as specified in the contract, Kirkland has issued a formal notice of acceptance and completion, approving the plant to deliver a sustainable water management solution by treating mine process water.
Sam Riggall, CEO of Clean TeQ, said the completion of the plant is a major achievement.
"After successfully demonstrating the world’s first ever commercial scale CIF plant in Oman late last year, this is yet another moment of great significance for Clean TeQ.
"Confirmation of the successful deployment of our innovative DESALX solution for this application, designed and delivered by Clean TeQ, is strong validation of our proprietary continuous ion exchange technology, and provides us with a firm foothold in the mining waste water treatment market from which we can continue to grow the business," he added.
Clean TeQ now intends to turn its attention to the completion of an additional project at a copper-cobalt mine in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, along with several pilot programs in China.
The completed plants are the first of their kind and , as commercial facilities, present a substantial opportunity for Clean TeQ's future growth.
Clean TeQ (CLQ) is currently up 37.5 per cent and is trading at C$0.22 per share at 1:32pm EDT.