- Clarity Gold has processed and dispatched samples from approximately 2,300 metres of drill core
- A second drill rig is focusing on drilling infill and extension to depth in the GAP Zone
- Clarity will provide a further update once 25 per cent of planned drilling has been completed
- The Destiny Project is located in the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt where more than 190 million ounces of gold have been produced historically
- Clarity Gold has the option to acquire 100 per cent ownership in the Destiny Project
- Clarity Gold Corp. is a Canadian mineral exploration company
- Clarity Gold (CLAR) opened trading at C$1.45 per share
Clarity Gold (CLAR) has provided an update of the diamond drilling program at Destiny, located in the Abitibi region in Quebec.
The company’s technical team has processed and dispatched samples from approximately 2,300 metres of drill core. Drilling so far has concentrated on infill of the western portions of the DAC Zone and confirmation of historic drilling which identified mineralization here. The recently added second drill rig is focusing on drilling infill and extension to depth in the GAP Zone.
“All of the completed holes in this program so far have intercepted the mineralized structure at or near expected depths,” said James Rogers, CEO of Clarity Gold.
“As we approach completing 25% of the planned metres we look forward to providing a further update as we receive and process assay results.”
Drill core is transported to a facility in Val d’Or where it is logged, photographed, and sampled. Once logging is complete, samples of half core are prepared and will be securely shipped to Bureau Veritas Laboratories in Timmins for processing and analysis.
About the Destiny Project
- Option to acquire 100% ownership
- Located in the historic, mineral-rich Abitibi Greenstone Belt
- Gold mineralization occurs in high-grade quartz veins within shear zones starting at 15 m below surface
Drilling results include:
- 167 g/t Au over 1 m (from 221.7 m)
- 6.15 g/t Au over 23.6 m (from 117.2 m)
- 19.49 g/t Au over 2.7 m (from 166.0 m)
The Destiny Project is located in the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt where more than 190 million ounces of gold have been produced historically. The Destiny Project lies along the approximately 400 km long Chicobi Deformation Zone, a major structural break that is largely underexplored in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt.
The 5,013 ha project includes the DAC Zone, one of several gold zones along an approximately 6 km long segment of the Despinassy Shear Zone within the Chicobi Deformation Zone. Approximately 2.5 km east along strike of the DAC Zone is the Darla Zone. In between the Darla and DAC is the coarsely drilled GAP zone where 2012 drilling intercepted anomalous gold in all 12 holes which were spaced 100 m apart.
Exploration of the Destiny Project dates back to the 1930s. The first concerted diamond drilling campaign commenced in 1998.
Previous work on the property can be summarized as follows:
- 172 Diamond drill holes comprising approximately 50,400 m
- Reconnaissance till sampling from 11 Sonic drill holes
- 2,430 MMI geochemical samples
- 982 line km of airborne VTEM surveys
- 171 line km of ground magnetics surveys
- 128 line km of IP
Clarity Gold Corp. is a Canadian mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of gold projects in Canada.
The company has entered into an option agreement to purchase 100% of the Destiny Project.
Clarity Gold (CLAR) opened trading at C$1.45 per share.