- Carube Copper (TSXV:CUC) has received permitting approval for non-drill work to recommence at The Jasperoide Project in Peru
- In March work at the project was halted, due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The company spent the lay-off time consolidating the disparate historic data from the project
- The company has also constructed a three-dimensional resource model of the site, along with designing an upcoming drilling program
- Carube Copper Corp (CUC) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.045 per share
Carube Copper (TSXV:CUC) has received permitting approval for non-drill work to recommence at The Jasperoide Project in Peru.
The company is now able to restart exploration work, following the suspension of field actives in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As a result, all personnel at the company’s head office in Toronto and its field operations in Peru and Jamaica have been on work from home protocols.
The company said suspending operations was consistent with the local governments’ response to the pandemic and was done to protect the health of employees and communities.
During the work halt, Carube has been reviewing the historic data and drill cores relating to the project. The company has now managed to consolidate all of the historic data on the project, significantly enhanced its understanding of the geology and mineralisation on the site.
As a result, Carube has built a three-dimensional geological block model for the main deposit on the project and developed an upcoming drilling program.
The company will provide its plans for the 2020 exploration program when it is closer to restarting drilling work on the project.
Carube Copper’s Executive Chairman, Tony Manini said the company’s highest priority has been maintaining the health and welfare of its employees and communities.
“Carube has introduced strict safety protocols to address COVID-19 risks and is extremely pleased to be restarting field-based exploration activities.
“Jasperoide is a very exciting copper and gold exploration project with historical results that demonstrate the potential for a major disco very, immediate walk up drill targets and a clear line of site to establishing an initial resource,” he said.
Carube Copper Corp (CUC) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.045 per share at 12:15 pm EDT.