- Canopy Growth (TSX:WEED) is announcing a private placement with institutional investors for up to US$50 million
- Management intends to use the funds for working capital and general corporate purposes
- Canopy Growth is a North American cannabis and consumer packaged goods company
- Canopy Growth stock (TSX:WEED) is up by 258.82 per cent since its 52-week low on July 14, 2023
Canopy Growth (TSX:WEED) is announcing a private placement with institutional investors for up to US$50 million.
Management intends to use the funds to strengthen its balance sheet through working capital and general corporate purposes.
The agreement entails the sale of up to 22,929,468 units priced at US$1.09 for proceeds of US$25 million.
Each unit is composed of one WEED common share and one common share purchase warrant. Each warrant entitles the holder to acquire one common share for US$1.35 for up to five years from issuance.
The institutional investors hold an over-allotment option to acquire up to an additional 22,929,468 units at the US$1.09 price.
Closing of the agreement (not including the over-allotment option) is expected by Tuesday.
The news follows a stretch of positive momentum for Canopy Growth’s stock, as highlighted by:
- July 14. 2023: A notice of balance sheet improvements, including total debt reduction of approximately C$437 million over the next two quarters
- July 27, 2023: The launch of Wana Brands cannabis gummies through Spectrum Therapeutics, Canopy’s medical cannabis division
- Aug. 9, 2023: Q1 FY2024 results, with management reaffirming expectations of positive adjusted EBITDA in all business units exiting FY2024, with the exception of BioSteel
- Aug. 17, 2023: The C$53 million sale of the company’s Hershey Drive facility in Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Sept. 11, 2023: A more than 50 per cent gain for the stock in anticipation of a U.S. Senate vote on Sept. 18 to remove penalties for companies that bank with legitimate cannabis businesses
- Sept. 14, 2023: Canopy’s unloading of its BioSteel sports drink unit, which has filed for bankruptcy
Canopy Growth is a North American cannabis and consumer packaged goods company. Its brands include Doja, 7ACRES, Tweed, Deep Space, This Works, Martha Stewart CBD and Storz & Bickel.
The company is positioned to capitalize on U.S. cannabis legalization through its rights to Acreage Holdings, a vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator across the Northeast; Wana Brands, a leading cannabis edible brand in North America; and Jetty Extracts, a California-based producer of cannabis extracts and pioneer of clean vape technology.
Canopy Growth stock (TSX:WEED) last traded at $1.83 per share. The stock is up by 258.82 per cent since its 52-week low on July 14, 2023.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.