- Cannabis company CannAmerica (CSE:CANA) has received additional orders for its gummies from its licensees in Colorado, Nevada, and Oklahoma
- The cannabis industry is experiencing unexpected increases in demand because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Numerous American states have deemed licensed cannabis companies as essential businesses, keeping them open during mass shutdowns
- The company’s CEO expressed hope that the essential business designations will help change US Federal laws about cannabis
- CannAmerica’s share price was trading steady at 1.5 cents per share at today’s market open
Cannabis company CannAmerica (CSE:CANA) has received additional orders for its gummies from its licensees in Colorado, Nevada, and Oklahoma.
The additional orders are indicative of a wider trend currently affecting the entire cannabis industry. Many cannabis companies are experiencing unexpected increases in demand for their products. This has apparently been caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In Colorado, Nevada, Oklahoma and other US states, licensed cannabis companies have qualified as essential businesses. This will allow them to stay open and continue operating during mass shutdowns of non-essential businesses.
In order to stay open during the pandemic, CannAmerica’s licensees will have to abide by strict preventative measures. CannAmerica’s CEO, Dan Anglin, said that the company is committed to the health and safety of its employees, partners and communities.
“The company is applying comprehensive and rigorous hygiene policies. Management is maintaining full adherence to measures put in place by applicable government authorities.
“The company’s partners, all in the USA, supply ingredients and packaging. Those partners have assured the company that CannAmerica can meet the increased demand for the company’s products,” he said.
Dan went on to address the US Federal Government, asking them to recognise the importance of cannabis to American people. He called for a lift of prohibitions on cannabis access, and removal of cannabis from a list of prohibited drugs.
He concluded by voicing his hope that the “essential business” designations will help lead to such changes in Federal laws.
CannAmerica’s share price was trading steady at 1.5 cents per share at today’s market open.