- Cannabix Technologies has announced plans to ramp up testing of its THC Breath Analyzer in a high-volume clinic in the Northwestern US
- Cannabix has shipped two THCBA devices to a biomedical clinic in SW Ontario for beta-testing
- Beta testing is focused on training the device’s machine learning database, determining sensitivity ranges and usability
- Cannabix has begun preliminary discussions with potential manufacturers in North America for use of the THCBA
- Cannabix Technologies develops marijuana breathalyzers for law enforcement and the workplace
- Cannabix Technologies (BLO) opened trading at C$0.89 per share
Cannabix Technologies (BLO) has announced plans to test its THC Breath Analyzer (THCBA) in a high-volume clinic in the northwestern US.
Since 2020, Cannabix Technologies has been building the THCBA from prototypes to their current hand-held portable version. Up until recently, the concept system has been introduced to small scale testing sites.
The company has also shipped two THCBA devices to a biomedical clinic in southern Ontario for beta-testing.
The company’s testing has focused on gathering information on user and administrator experiences to train the device’s machine learning database, determining sensitivity ranges and usability.
The THC Breath Analyzer has been developed for law enforcement and workplaces. It is a drug screening device that can easily and non-invasively test for recent use of THC in less than five minutes.
The THCBA consists of a handheld device and protective case which houses a sterilization module, sample preparation stage, device recovery station and integrated battery charging system.
While beta testing their current version, company engineers have begun developing a THCBA version 4.0 that incorporates feedback from beta-test sites and strategic design changes. This version will be geared towards manufacturability and reproducibility while improving the device’s performance.
The sensor in the device and mechanism design have been simplified to minimize manufacturing variability and reduce costs.
Other components of the device have been upgraded to reduce assembly constraints and simplify tooling.
Company engineers have been planning these upgrades since the first fiscal quarter and are well into the design for version 4.0 which is targeted for pre-production small batch runs in Q4 (2021) followed by board field and clinical testing to establish the versions standards.
Cannabix has begun preliminary discussions with potential manufacturers in North America for the development of the THCBA.
Cannabix Technologies Inc. is a developer of marijuana breathalyzer technologies.
Cannabix Technologies (BLO) opened trading at C$0.89 per share.