- Calian Group (TSX:CGY) has won a contract to provide cybersecurity consulting services to Canada’s Department of National Defence
- The C$22 million contract is for three years, with one potential additional year, which will be valued based on demand
- Calian will provide the government department with network security, IT security vulnerability assessments, and IT security system operations
- The company expects to begin delivering services for the new contract in June
- Calian Group (CGY) is up 4.93 per cent and is currently trading at $48.27 per share
Calian Group (TSX:CGY) has won a contract to provide cybersecurity consulting services to Canada’s Department of National Defence.
The contract, which is worth approximately C$22 million, is for three years, with one additional option year. The value of the additional option year will be determined by the demand for it at the time.
The contract also includes additional services, involving management of project, changes, and incidents. Calian will also provide network security, IT security vulnerability assessments, and IT security system operations.
As technology continues to advance, many of the top threats to Canada’s national security are cyber threats, which are becoming more sophisticated and harder to counteract.
Calian’s Vice President of Information Technology and Cyber Solutions, Sandra Cote, spoke about the contract.
“I am very pleased to see that Calian was selected to provide an expanded role in this changing landscape and to meet the evolving cyber needs of the Department of National Defence,” she said.
This is not the first time the company has provided its services to the government department. Calian’s President and CEO, Kevin Ford, explained that this is familiar ground for the company.
“This is an exciting re-win for our IT team, as customer retention is the first pillar of our growth framework.
“As a growing, innovative Canadian company providing critical services to high-expectation industries, we are pleased to see Calian continue these critical services supporting Canada’s defence and security,” he said.
The company expects that it will begin delivering services for the new contract by June.
Calian Group (CGY) is up 4.93 per cent and is trading for $48.27 per share, as of 12:31pm EDT.