- Calian Group (TSX:CGY) has commercially released its latest spectrum analyser product, the Decimator D4
- The Decimator D4 is a hardware platform which monitors radio frequency communications and detects signal issues
- The product’s most significant new feature is signal analysis, which allows it to demodulate and decode satellite signals
- The device also has an significantly increased frequency range, from between five megahertz to 6.5 gigahertz
- Calian Group (CGY) is down 1.93 per cent and is currently trading at C$53.94 per share
Calian Group (TSX:CGY) has commercially released its latest spectrum analyser product, the Decimator D4.
The Decimator D4 is the fourth generation in the company’s product line of spectrum analysis devices. It is a hardware platform, which includes all features of its predecessor, the D3, and new features and capabilities.
The D4 is designed to monitor radio frequency communications and detect signal issues. It has a significantly increased frequency range from five megahertz to 6.5 gigahertz, more than double the D3’s range.
The product’s most significant new feature is signal analysis, which allows it to demodulate and decode satellite signals. This provides users with the ability to inspect and analyse signals more thoroughly than through a traditional spectrum display.
The feature also proactively identifies issues in the network, before they turn into problems.
The D4 has a HTML5 web user interface, which allows users to operate it from browsers on any device or platform. The interface application complies with latest web standards, and ensures secure access for users.
Calian Group’s President of Advanced Technologies, Patrick Thera, commented on the product launch.
“Our Decimator product line has been a mainstay of communications monitoring for over a decade. The Decimator D4, with its new software-defined capabilities, provides a whole new set of measurements at the low price point that our customers expect.
“For customers looking to integrate the Decimator into their equipment and systems, we have custom-designed versions available, supporting private labelling, custom waveforms, and other frequency bands or form factors.
“In the coming months, we will announce further innovative capabilities that harness the power of the D4 platform,” he said.
Calian Group is down 1.93 per cent, and trading for $53.94 per share at 12:00pm EDT.