- Blue Thunder Mining (BLUE) has begun a diamond drilling campaign at its Fancamp gold property in central Québec’s Chibougamau Gold District
- The company intends to drill approximately 14 holes over a total of 3,200 metres, focusing on the depth and strike extensions of interpreted vein structures
- Drilling work is expected to begin shortly, with completion anticipated before the end of this year
- The program follows the completion of a trenching program at the Fancamp property in which 717 channel samples and 93 grab samples were collected
- Blue Thunder Mining (BLUE) is currently is currently steady at C$0.12 per share at 2:44pm EDT
Blue Thunder Mining (BLUE) has begun a diamond drilling campaign at its Fancamp gold property in central Québec’s Chibougamau Gold District.
The property forms part of the Toronto-based company’s 51,000-hecatre Muus Gold Project, which sits 30 kilometres south of Chapais and 50 kilometres southwest of Chibougamau within the eastern end of the Abitibi Greenstone belt.
Blue Thunder intends to drill approximately 14 holes over a total of 3,200 metres, focusing on the depth and strike extensions of interpreted vein structures at the A, B and D zones.
Drilling is also expected to target a number of subparallel veins and geophysical anomalies along more than 500 metres of strike length.
Following the completion of the work at the Fancamp property, the company intends to carry out roughly 1,200 metres of drilling at Target Areas 2 and 3 of the Muus, property, which also forms part of the larger Muus Gold Project.
This drilling will be based on the previously collected results of Blue Thunder’s ongoing prospecting, geophysical and data review activities.
Robert Cinits, President and CEO of Blue Thunder Mining, said he is excited to have begun the inaugural, fully-funded drill program at the Fancamp property.
“Fancamp is our first of many priority targets for drilling activities and the drilling is designed to not only substantiate selected historical results, but also to test projected extensions to the multiple mineralised veins and zones identified by historical exploration and uncovered during our recent trenching program,” he added.
During the recently completed trenching program, Blue Thunder collected approximately 717 channel samples and 93 grab samples, which have now been submitted to Activation Laboratories in Sainte-Germaine-Boulé, Québec, for gold and multi-element analyses.
Blue Thunder Mining (BLUE) is currently steady at C$0.12 per share at 2:44pm EDT.