- Blackrock Gold Corp (TSXV:BRC) have announced its exploration plan for the Tonopah West project in Western Nevada
- The company will begin a drill program, totalling just over 7000 meters across 17 drill holes, some time in June
- The company’s wholly-owned property is located within The Walker Trend, a historic gold producing region.
- The Tonpoah property includes 97 patented and 17 unpatented lode mining sites, including two formerly operating mines
- Blackrock Gold Corp (BRC) is in the grey at C$0.17 per share, with a market cap of $11 million
Blackrock Gold Corp (TSXV:BRC) has announced its exploration plans for the Tonopah West project in Western Nevada.
The company will begin a drill program, totalling just over 7000 meters across 17 drill holes, some time in June.
The property, located in a historic gold region and inclusive of a couple of former gold mines, has returned roughly 30 per cent of the 174 million ounces of silver produced in the Tonopah Silver district.
Blackrock’s consolidated land position within the Tonopah district gives the company the second largest holding within the Western Nevada gold region.
Blackrock have been reviewing their geological data for Tonopah, including the historic underground mining maps and assay data and consolidating information within the software to build a more comprehensive geological map of the site.
This data compilation has informed the junior miner on where their 2020 drilling program will focus.
Andrew Pollard, CEO and President of Blackrock, said the company was amazed that one of the largest historic endowments of silver in North America has been hiding in plain sight, despite 80-odd years of exploration in the region.
“Our initial program is targeting low-hanging exploration fruit, picking up right where past miners left off, with well-defined veins that were up to 24 metres thick when operations ceased.
“We’ve outlined a large program as all of the targets we’ve compiled are priority and as we’ll be using RC drilling, we’ll be able to work quickly and cost effectively and we aim to bring attention back to this storied district,” he said.
Blackrock Gold Corp (BRC) is holding steady and is trading for $0.17 per share at 11:02am EDT.