- Blackrock Gold (BRC) has posted its results from an initial drilling program at the Tonopah West Project in Western Nevada
- The company drilled three holes into the Victor Vein and intersected three metres of strike grading at 2,198 grams per tonne silver equivalent with a 400 gram per tonne silver cut-off grade
- The drill hole was terminated unexpectedly when it drilled into an unforeseen historic silver mine-shaft on the property
- Two other results from the Victor Vein are still pending and a new drill is now being mobilise to the site to test the area surrounding the high-grade result
- Blackrock Gold Corp (BRC) is up 74 per cent and is trading at C$0.75 per share
Blackrock Gold (BRC) has revealed the results from its initial drilling program at the Tonopah West project in Western Nevada.
The company was testing the Victor Vein vertical length as it dips down into the property’s host rock.
The drilling is part of a wider 7,000-metre program, which Blackrock will be expanding on the back of today’s better-than-expected assays.
The first drill hole extended the Victor Vein’s known depth by 30 metres, hitting an equivalent of 965 grams per tonne silver over 29 metres.
The same drill also intersected a new vein, which returned three metres of strike grading at 2,198 grams per tonne silver equivalent using a 400 gram per tonne silver cut-off grade.
However, the drill was terminated unexpectedly when it accidentally entered into an old underground mine shaft.
The other two results from the Victor Vein are still pending, and another drill is now being mobilise to the site to test the area surrounding the high-grade result.
Andrew Pollard, President and CEO of Blackrock Gold, described the drilling results remarkable.
“As the first group to target the historic workings within this prolific, historic silver district in the heart of Nevada, our first drill hole, having encountered multiple significant high-grade veins.
“With six drill holes now completed in two distinct target areas, we are incredibly encouraged, as our modelling of the vein systems appears to line up as predicted.
“Given these encouraging initial results, we are mobilising a core drill rig and expanding our initial drill program beyond the previously envisioned 7,000 metres,” he said.
Blackrock Gold (BRC) is up 74 per cent and is trading at C$0.75 per share at 1:40 pm EDT.