- Blackline Safety (BLN) has now entered the deployment stage with implementation underway with Severn Trent Water
- The $2 million deal with Severn Trent Water, is for connected personal gas detection devices to protect its employees and support its digital transformation
- Severn Trent is the UK’s second biggest water company
- Blackline Safety is a technology leader driving innovation in the industrial workforce through IoT (Internet of Things)
- Blackline Safety Corp. (BLN) opened trading at C$2.10 per share
Blackline Safety (BLN) has entered the deployment stage, with implementation underway with Severn Trent Water.
The $2 million deal with Severn Trent Water is for connected personal gas detection devices to protect its employees and support its digital transformation. Blackline Safety will protect over 10,000 workers across six of the 12 UK water and wastewater authorities that now use Blackline’s industry-leading technology.
Earlier this month, Severn Trent began the deployment of the first 1,650 G7c wearable devices. Over the coming months, the water authority will replace their existing gas detection units with over 2,600 Blackline Safety G7c wearable devices and associated services.
The three-year investment secured via Blackline distribution partner Breathe Safety includes an option to extend for an additional five years of service. This would bring the total value to over $4.2 million (£2.7 million). Breathe Safety is leading the implementation and device rollout with Severn Trent.
Blackline’s G7 lone worker and personal gas detection devices are robust, intelligent, and connected wearables. It accurately detects gas hazards, instantly notifies workers and managers and enables contact tracing and corrective action to mitigate future incidents.
The devices are supported by Blackline’s professional 24/7 live monitoring service. It ensures maximum worker protection with automated safety incident and health event monitoring. It includes features such as no-motion and fall detection, and missed check-ins.
Severn Trent is the UK’s second biggest water company. It serves 4.8m homes and business customers in England and Wales.
Blackline Safety is a technology leader driving innovation in the industrial workforce through IoT (Internet of Things). With connected safety devices and predictive analytics, Blackline enables companies to drive towards zero safety incidents and improved operational performance.
Blackline Safety Corp. (BLN) opened trading at C$2.10 per share.