- BlackBerry (BB) has launched Chrome Enterprise Management under its Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) service
- BlackBerry UEM now allows IT managers to oversee and secure Chrome-based devices
- The new integration is in customer trials and will be available across the world beginning in July 2022
- BlackBerry Limited provides intelligent security software and services to enterprises and governments
- BlackBerry (BB) closed up by 7.61 per cent trading at $8.34 per share
BlackBerry (BB) has launched Chrome Enterprise Management under its UEM service.
BlackBerry UEM can now leverage the new Chrome Enterprise Connectors Framework and associated Chrome management APIs, including Chrome policy APIs, to manage and secure Chrome-based devices.
Through BlackBerry’s UEM feature set and a single integrated dashboard view, IT managers can activate an extensive list of policies, including remote wipe, password enforcement, user group and Allowlist configurations, auto-updates and connection settings for the Chrome browser and Chrome OS-powered devices.
This greater level of control allows users to work on their choice of technology without compromising enterprise security.
The new integration – which is featured on Google’s Chrome Enterprise Recommended program – is in customer trials and will be available globally beginning in July 2022.
“We see increasing adoption of Google Chrome and Chrome OS devices amongst our enterprise customers,” stated Billy Ho, Executive VP, Cybersecurity Product at BlackBerry. “In addition to existing support for BlackBerry apps on Chrome devices, businesses called for remote management capabilities to enforce policy settings and raise security levels. Working hand-in-hand with Google, our UEM solution is better equipped than ever to keep employees connected and protected so they can work from practically any device, anywhere.”
BlackBerry Limited provides intelligent security software and services to enterprises and governments.
BlackBerry (BB) closed up by 7.61 per cent trading at $8.34 per share.