- Bitfarms mined 1,357 Bitcoin in the first six months of 2021
- Deposited 1,445 Bitcoin into custody through July 12
- Received and installed 1,500 Bitcoin miners from MicroBT in Bitfarms’ Magog data center, adding 120 PH/s of total production
- Bitfarms also announces the granting of 50,000 restricted share units (RSUs) to an officer and director
- Bitfarms is a Bitcoin mining company
- Bitfarms Ltd. (BITF) opened trading at C$4.43 per share
Bitfarms (BITF) has provided a Bitcoin production update.
Mining production highlights
- Using green hydroelectricity, Bitfarms mined 1,357 Bitcoin in the first six months of 2021, the largest number of Bitcoin mined in North America as reported by publicly traded miners.
- Deposited 1,445 Bitcoin into custody through July 12, representing over 95% of the company’s Bitcoin production this year.
- Mined 265 new Bitcoin during June 2021, Bitfarms’ largest monthly production rate achieved in 2021 and approximately one-third more than Bitfarms’ mining production in January 2021.
- Received and installed 1,500 Bitcoin miners from MicroBT in Bitfarms’ Magog data center, adding 120 PH/s of total production in June 2021.
Bitcoin Production Update
As of July 12, 2021, Bitfarms had mined 1,515 Bitcoin (BTC) on a year-to-date basis. Bitfarms’ production rate by month was:
|January 2021:||199 BTC|
|February 2021:||178 BTC|
|March 2021:||221 BTC|
|April 2021:||232 BTC|
|May 2021:||262 BTC|
|June 2021:||265 BTC|
|July 1-12th 2021:||158 BTC|
In the first 12 days of July, Bitfarms mined 158 Bitcoin, more than half of June’s year-to-date record Bitcoin production rate. Based on current mining conditions, Bitfarms projects to mine over 400 Bitcoin in the month of July, which would imply over 100% more Bitcoin production than January and over 50% more than in June.
“For the last 18 months, Bitfarms has been one of the largest publicly traded producers of Bitcoin and one of the only companies doing so with greater than 99% green hydroelectricity. With the recent ban on Bitcoin mining in China, Bitfarms has nearly doubled its market share and is currently producing approximately 13 Bitcoin per day. Reports indicate that the ban on crypto mining in China and the exodus of mining rigs seeking new hosting may take an extended period of time to resolve. Bitfarms is well positioned to take advantage of the significantly improved economic opportunity. With mining difficulty expected to be reduced even further, and as we continue to receive and install new miners, we believe that Bitfarms’ market share and our share of block rewards should continue to increase,” commented Emiliano Grodzki, Bitfarms Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
Bitfarms announces the grant of RSUs
Bitfarms also announces the granting of 50,000 restricted share units (RSUs) to an officer and director of the company pursuant to Bitfarms' Long Term Equity Incentive Plan. Each RSU entitles the holder to receive one common share of the Company and is subject to vesting conditions.
Bitfarms is a Bitcoin mining company, running mining operations with onsite technical repair, proprietary data analytics and company-owned electrical engineering and installation services to deliver high operational performance and uptime.
Bitfarms became the first Bitcoin mining company to complete its long-form prospectus with the Ontario Securities Commission and started trading on the TSXV in July 2019.
Bitfarms has five industrial-scale facilities located in Québec. Each facility is over 99% powered with environmentally-friendly hydropower and secured with long-term power contracts. Bitfarms is currently the only publicly traded pure-play mining company audited by a Big Four audit firm.
Bitfarms Ltd. (BITF) opened trading at C$4.43 per share.