- Bitfarms (BITF) has announced the construction of two mining facilities in Sherbrooke, Québec with 78 MW of total capacity
- The facilities, known as Leger and The Bunker, will accommodate 21,000 new Bitcoin miners and generate 2.1 EH/s
- Construction is scheduled to be completed in phases during Q1 and Q2 2022
- Bitfarms is a vertically integrated Bitcoin mining company
- Bitfarms (BITF) is down by 2.33 per cent and is currently trading at $6.28 per share
Bitfarms (BITF) has announced the construction of two mining facilities in Sherbrooke, Québec with 78 MW of total capacity.
The facilities, known as Leger and The Bunker, will be joined by a third 18 MW Sherbrooke facility once a location has been secured.
Leger facility highlights
- 30 MW capacity expected to deliver 800 PH/s
- Construction is underway with completion set for Q1 2022
- The facility will house 8,000 latest-generation miners expected to be operational by Q2 2022
The Bunker facility highlights
- 48 MW capacity expected to deliver 1,300 PH/s
- Construction will begin in Q4 2021 in three phases and is expected to be completed in mid-2022
- The facility will house 13,000 miners expected to yield 975 PH/s in phases one and two and 325 PH/s in phase three
Bitfarms now runs five fully operational mining facilities with four under construction.
Emiliano Grodzki, Bitfarms’ CEO, stated,
“Committed to increasing our capacity and hashrate in a cost-effective manner, we have been working closely with the city of Sherbrooke to expedite our expansion. Both farms will benefit from our existing cost-effective contracts that supply green hydropower at an average cost of just US$0.04 per kilowatt-hour. Similar to all our other Québec farms, they will be passively cooled by the Canadian climate, reducing total energy consumption and operating costs.
Most importantly, while also minimizing the risk of disruptions, these farms continue Bitfarms’ strategy of operating decentralized facilities to boost our capacity and support our goal of achieving 3 EH/s by the end of the first quarter of 2022 and 8 EH/s by the end of 2022.”
Bitfarms is a vertically integrated Bitcoin mining company.
Bitfarms (BITF) is down by 2.33 per cent and is currently trading at $6.28 per share as of 9:32 am ET.