- BioNeutra Global (TSXV:BGA) has appointed Curtis Sparrow as the new Chairman of the board of directors
- Curtis brings over 35 years of multi-industry experience to his new role
- Curtis replaces Bill Smith, who is retiring from the company after more than a decade’s service
- Despite leaving the board and his Senior Vice President role, Bill will remain as a special advisor to the President and CEO
- BioNeutra’s share price remains unchanged trading at C$0.18 per share with a market cap of $8.6 million
BioNeutra Global (TSXV:BGA) has appointed Curtis Sparrow as the company’s new Chairman of the board of directors.
Curtis originally joined BioNeutra’s board of directors in August 2019, and also serves on the audit committee. He has been the CFO and a director of Deep Well Oil & Gas for over sixteen years. In the last 35 years, Curtis has held various executive positions at publicly traded companies in Canada and the US.
In addition to a wealth of multi-industry experience, Curtis is also a Fellow of the National Association of Corporate Directors. He obtained his MBA from the University of Alberta.
Curtis is replacing Bill Smith, who has served the company for over ten years. Bill is retiring from the board and his position as Senior Vice President of BioNeutra. However, he will remain as a special advisor to the company’s President and CEO.
BioNeutra’s President and CEO, Dr Jianhua Zhu, welcomed Curtis to his new role, and thanked Bill for his service.
“BioNeutra was fortunate to add Curtis to our board, and we look forward to his leadership as Chairman.
I would personally like to thank Bill for the many years he has given to this company, particularly as Chairman of the board. The company would not have grown as fast without his significant contributions.
We are happy that Bill will continue to contribute as a special advisor to me, utilising his broad experience and institutional knowledge,” Dr Zhu said.
BioNeutra’s share price remains unchanged, and is trading at C$0.18 per share at 1:21pm EST.