- Benchmark Metals (BNCH) has added a fifth drill rig to an exploration program at its Lawyers gold-silver project in British Columbia
- To date, more than 10,500 metres has been drilled as part of the total 50,000-metre program, with at least 60 holes already completed
- The program is primarily focused on further defining resources areas and expanding existing regions of mineralisation
- Samples continue to be sent to a laboratory for analysis, with results expected in early August
- Benchmark Metals (BNCH) is currently up 4.17 per cent and is trading at C$0.75 per share
Benchmark Metals (BNCH) has added a fifth drill rig to an exploration program at its Lawyers gold-silver project in British Columbia.
The Edmonton-based company has already drilled 10,500 metres of a total 50,000 metre program, with more than 60 holes completed so far. The majority of work at the project, which sits within the prolific Golden Horseshoe region, is focused primarily on expanding existing resources and further defining the limits of mineralisation.
Specifically, drilling will target the Cliff Creek Zone, the region between Dukes Ridge and the Phoenix Zones, and the AGB Zone. Field work is also being carried out at the Silver Pond porphyry target and the Marmot Zone in an effort to identify new drill targets.
This field work has included grand magnetics and VLF surveys, which are nearing completion, along with an induced polarisation survey at Silver Pond which is expected to reach completion on July 23.
Likewise, detailed geological mapping is continuing at the northern region of the property, which is considered largely under explored, while in-depth soil grids have already been completed in key areas property-wide.
It’s thought that the results from soil and rock geochemistry surveys could identify anomalous areas for expansion at existing zones, as well as provide indicators for new discovery zones.
John Williamson, CEO of Benchmark Metals, said the addition of the third diamond drill rig will help the company to quickly advance its current program.
“The drilling program is going exceptionally well with the two diamond rigs performing [roughly] 30 per cent ahead of anticipated drill meterage. Drilling at the Cliff Creek Zone has intersected zones of alteration, veining, and mineralisation in all holes to date.
“The geological field teams are performing detailed geological mapping, soil and rock sampling and the geophysical crews are near completion of ground magnetic and IP surveys at a number of zones,” he added.
Benchmark Metals (BNCH) is currently up 4.17 per cent and is trading at C$0.75 per share at 3:10pm EDT.