- Benchmark Metals (TSXV:BNCH) has launched a drill program at its Lawyers gold-silver project in the Golden Horseshoe region of British Columbia
- More than 270 metres of drilling has already been completed with two rigs positioned at the Cliff Creek Zone
- An additional two drill rigs will be deployed later in the week, and drill holes will be logged and sampled ahead of assay analysis
- The company intends to drill a total of 50,000 metres, focusing on expanding existing resources and defining the limits of mineralisation
- Benchmark Metals (BNCH) is currently steady at C$0.54 per share
Benchmark Metals (TSXV:BNCH) has launched a drill program at its Lawyers gold-silver project in the Golden Horseshoe region of British Columbia.
The Edmonton-based company intends to drill a total of up to 50,000 metres, with the majority of activities focused primarily on expanding existing resources and defining the limits of mineralisation.
Benchmark believes that there is significant potential to convert the exploration targets into a multi-million-ounce gold and silver mineral resource estimate.
In addition, secondary drilling will evaluate new exploration targets that have shown anomalous geological features. These targets could point to the existence of new, at-surface zones of mineralisation.
Benchmark has already drilled more than 270 metres with two drill rigs positioned at the Cliff Creek Zone. This zone is considered to be the largest and most advanced region that remains open in all directions, with in excess of 1.2 kilometres on-strike.
The company is expecting to add a further two drill rigs to the Cliff Creek Zone later this week, with drill holes to be logged and sampled ahead of assay analysis.
Previous drill results from the Cliff Creek Zone include 1.4 metres at 87 grams per tonne of gold and 2,407 grams per tonne of silver, as well as 36.5 metres at 2.68 grams per tonne of gold and 82.57 grams per tonne of silver.
John Williams, CEO of Benchmark Metals, noted that the company has embarked on the largest drill program in the Toodogonne region.
"The drill rigs have started at Cliff's with additional drilling to soon commence at the ABG Zone. In 2019, drilling encountered multiple new zones and large extensions across multiple areas at the heart of the property.
"Every zone still remains open in all directions and as such, we anticipate more new mineralisation to be discovered with the drill," he said.
Benchmark Metals (BNCH) is currently steady at C$0.54 per share at 9:41am EDT.