- Beauce Gold Fields (TSXV:BGF) has announced plans to drill its BGF property in Southern Quebec
- The site is home to several historical mines, renowned for producing the largest gold nuggets on record in Canada
- The company has conducted polarisation surveys, and has defined a property wide structural discontinuity that could indicate significant mineralization
- The company will kick off exploration in spring, when weather conditions improve
- Beauce Gold Fields (BGF) is in the grey, with shares trading for C$0.10 and a market cap of $2 million
Beauce Gold Fields (TSXV:BGF) has announced plans to drill its BGF property in Southern Quebec
The company will begin the exploration work in spring, focusing on the western section of the BGF property.
The Rang de Lery section, in the west of the property, sits on the Gilbert River and Giroux Creek, both places of intensive gold mining activity in the nineteenth and twentieth century.
These sites produced some of the largest reported gold nuggets in Canada. The nuggets produced from the nearby Placer channel, ranged in size from 50 ounces to 71 ounces.
President and CEO of Beauce Gold Fields, Patrick Levasseur is excited to get back to work on property now that the Quebec Government’s restrictions on exploration work have expired.
“We plan to test promising IP anomalies by trenching down to possible outcrops and follow-up that with exploratory drill holes.
“It has taken BGF a number of years to piece together this large land package. Now that it is assembled, we have commenced exploration and already have received encouraging results. We can now start to focus on finding the source,” he said.
Beauce recently completed an outcrop sampling and structural geology program, to determine where it should conduct drilling this season.
As part of this Beauce conducted several polarisation survey lines, in the Rang de Lery section of the property. The results from this survey suggest, according to Beauce, the presence of a structural discontinuity that strikes across the property.
Beauce Gold Fields (BGF) is in the grey today at $0.10 per share at 11:46 am EDT.