- Bayhorse Silver (BHS) has completed moving its production facility from its Ohio-based mine site to Idaho
- The company made the decision to move to allow the site to expand its operations further
- The plant is currently operating at 87 per cent silver recovery rates, with the rates expected to hit 90 per cent
- Bayhorse is a formerly producing silver mine in Oregon, with no current feasibility study or a mineral resource estimate
- Bayhorse Silver Inc (BHS) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.15 per share at 12:00 pm
Bayhorse Silver (BHS) has completed moving its production facility from its Ohio-based mine site to Idaho.
The company hopes to expand the floatation operations at the site and begin processing silver at 200 tonnes per day. As a result the production facility was moved to allow the operation to scale up.
The relocation has taken longer than expected due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which prolonged the relevant metallurgical work needed to provide data for the mine.
The company will be recycling the majority of the water and tailings used in the floatation process to maintain a minimum impact mine.
The silver recovery rates from the new facility reached 87 per cent, with the expectation recoveries will reach 90 per cent once all efficiencies are in place.
CEO of Bayhorse Silver Graeme O’Neill congratulated the company’s consultants, miners and other operational personnel for their perseverance in achieving the recommencement of mine operations.
Thus far, the Bayhorse Silver Mine has no feasibility study nor a mineral reserve estimate, making the logistics for the site unclear.
However, Bayhorse Silver Mine was a formerly producing silver mine in the 80’s, and significant intercepts were found on the property during those years.
Due to regulatory requirements, Bayhorse is not allowed to use those intercepts as indicative of future mineralization, build a mineral resource from the previous assats. That said, this expansion and the company’s latest steps at the project indicate it at least has enough faith to push the site forward and hasten production.
Bayhorse Silver Inc (BHS) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.15 per share at 12:00pm EDT.