- Drilling continues to expand and upgrade polymetallic, massive sulphide mineralization at the Sesmarias Copper-Zinc Prospect within the Alvalade Project
- The program is a joint venture between Avrupa Minerals and Minas de Aguas Teñidas, S.A. (MATSA)
- Paul W. Kuhn, President and CEO of Avrupa Minerals sat down with Dave Jackson to discuss the results
- To date, the company has completed 11 diamond drill holes totalling 5,862 metres
- Avrupa has intersected massive sulphide mineralization over 350 metres in strike length to the southeast from previously reported intersections in SES21-033 and 036
- Minas de Aguas Teñidas, S.A. (MATSA) is a private Spanish mining company
- Avrupa Minerals Ltd is a junior exploration and development company
- Avrupa Minerals Ltd. (AVU) is unchanged, trading at C$.08 per share
Avrupa Minerals (AVU) reports that drilling continues at the Sesmarias Copper-Zinc Prospect within the Alvalade Project in Portugal.
The program is a joint venture between Avrupa Minerals and Minas de Aguas Teñidas, S.A. (MATSA) and is operated by Avrupa through the JV entity PorMining Lda.
To date, the company has completed 16 diamond drill holes on six different fences at Sesmarias, totalling 8,150 metres, and is now drilling a 17th hole testing potential massive sulphide mineralization in the gap between Section 120S and Section 350S.
Paul W. Kuhn, President and CEO of Avrupa Minerals sat down with Dave Jackson to discuss the results.
“With the long, mineralized sulphide intercept in SES21-044, we have now confirmed the structural position of a robust mineral system over 350 metres in length in the SES North sector alone, within the known total Sesmarias massive sulphide mineralization of 1.7 kilometres. Continuation of copper- and zinc-bearing mineralization is open both to the north and south and to some depth below present drilling. The SES21-044 intercept is now the longest, to date, in the joint venture, and shows good, continuous copper, lead, zinc, silver, and gold grades over the majority of the intercept.
The overall intercept includes intervals of higher-grade mineralization and further evidence of metals’ zonation in the deposit. We are looking forward to further enlargement of the Sesmarias mineralization and continued improvement of the metals’ grades.”
To date, the company completed sixteen drill holes in the SES North sector during this phase of drilling (SES20-031 through SES21-040), and one further hole in the SES Central sector (SES21-041), totalling 8,150 metres.
The continuing work program is fully funded by Minas de Aguas Teñidas, S.A. (MATSA). MATSA can initially earn a 51 per cent interest in the Alvalade Experimental Exploitation License property by completing funding requirements set out in the joint venture agreement between the companies. MATSA may then increase their interest in the Project to 85 per cent by preparing a bankable feasibility study.
Minas de Aguas Teñidas, S.A. (MATSA) is a private Spanish mining company, that owns and operates three mines in the province of Huelva, Aguas Teñidas, Magdalena, and Sotiel.
Avrupa Minerals is a junior exploration and development company.
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. (AVU) is unchanged, trading at C$.08 per share.