- Auxly Cannabis Group (XLY) is partnering with e-waste company, Greentec, to help recycle vape pens, cartridges, and batteries
- E-waste recycling bins will become available to participating cannabis retailers, such as Spiritleaf and Suprette, with more joining later
- The initiative is being led by Auxly brand, Kolab Project, in an effort to promote sustainability within the cannabis industry
- Both Auxly and Kolab are also working to make their own products and packaging more environmentally friendly
- Auxly Cannabis Group (XLY) is down 2.08 per cent and is currently trading at C$0.24 per share
Auxly Cannabis Group (XLY) is partnering with e-waste company, Greentec, to help recycle vape pens, cartridges, and batteries.
As an electronic waste company, Greentec refurbishes, destroys, and recycles electronics. Through this collaboration, Greentec will help to divert vaping products away from landfill and towards the company’s facility for recycling.
Initially, e-waste recycling bins will become available in participating cannabis retailers, free of charge. The bins will accept vape pens, cartridges, and batteries from all licensed producers.
Retailers currently involved in the initiative include Spiritleaf and Superette, with more joining the program in coming months.
Spiritleaf will launch the initiative across its entire coast-to-coast network of 58 stores. Superette will be accepting vapes and cartridges for recycling at its stores in Ottawa and Toronto.
This initiative is being led by Kolab Project, a cannabis brand which is wholly owned by Auxly Cannabis. Kolab Project hopes to promote sustainability within the cannabis industry by making vape recycling more accessible and normalised.
This is especially important and relevant right now, when the environmental impacts of vape products are being questioned. Both Auxly and Kolab Project are working to make their own products and packaging more environmentally friendly.
Auxly’s branded vaping products have been tested for contaminants, heavy metals leaching, and emissions. Kolab Project recently introduced 100 per cent biodegradable packaging for its vape pens, cartridges, and cannabis pre-rolls.
Auxly’s CEO, Hugo Alves, commented on the partnership with Greentec, and the importance of the recycling initiative.
“We are so proud to partner with Greentec – a leader in environmentally responsible e-waste recycling – to offer this important vape recycling solution to the entire industry.
“Building on our introduction of 100 per cent biodegradable vape and pre-roll-packaging, this Kolab Project vape hardware recycling initiative furthers our efforts to improve environmental stewardship within the cannabis industry, and we look forward to working with Canada’s retail community and consumers to roll-out this program nationally,” he said.
Auxly Cannabis Group (XLY) is down 2.08 per cent and is trading at C$0.24 per share at 3:02pm EDT.