- Aurwest Resources (CSE:AWR) has completed the initial till sampling program in addition to receiving rock sampling results
- Rock sampling returned 11 samples with gold values between 50 to 6,412 parts per billion gold, or 6.4 grams per ton (g/t) gold
- Additionally, a project-wide glacial till sampling program has been approved for the Stony Caldera project, which is expected to begin in August
- An application to do deep penetrating induced polarization surveys is also in progress
- Shares of Aurwest Resources are up 5.56 per cent to C$0.19 as of 10:06 a.m. EDT
Aurwest Resources (AWR) has completed the initial till sampling program at the Paradise Lake gold project situated in Central Newfoundland’s Gold Belt.
Samples from the project-wide glacial till sampling survey have been finished and have now been sent for analysis. The rock sampling results also returned 11 samples with gold values ranging between 50 and 6,412 parts per billion gold, or 6.4 grams per tonne (g/t) gold.
“We are in the early stages of the 2021 program and our exploration team has already located a number of locations that returned significant concentrations of gold and silver in sulfide and sulfide bearing quartz veins in sandstone along the interpreted surface trace of re-activated basement faults related to the Cape Ray-Valentine Lake structure,” Colin Christensen, president and CEO of Aurwest, said in a release.
Aurwest Resources’ application to the Department of Industry, Energy & Technology Mineral Lands Division has also been approved for a project-wide glacial till sampling program for the Stony Caldera project. The company anticipates beginning this program in August.
Additionally, the company has also made an application to conduct deep penetrating induced polarization surveys.
Aurwest Resources is a mining exploration company focused on acquiring, exploring and developing precious and base metal properties across North America.
Shares of the company are up 5.56 per cent to C$0.19 as of 10:06 a.m. EDT.