- Aurelius Minerals (AUL) has received government approval to carry out a 4,000-metre drill program at its Aureus West project in Nova Scotia
- The company has contracted Major Drilling Group International to carry out the program, as well as an underground drilling campaign at Aureus East
- Surface drilling has been designed to extend the depth of previously identified gold mineralisation, as well as along strike
- Previous surface mapping and drilling activities suggest the presence of additional anticlines, potentially with gold-bearing veins to the north and south of the main anticline
- Aurelius Minerals (AUL) is currently up 5.56 per cent and is trading at C$0.095 per share
Aurelius Minerals (AUL) has received government approval to carry out a 4,000-metre drill program at its Aureus West project in Nova Scotia.
Major Drilling Group International has been contracted to carry out the program, which forms part of a larger 10,000-metre campaign that includes 6,000 metres of underground exploration work at the company’s Aureus East project.
Surface drilling at Aureus West has been designed to extend a corridor of gold mineralisation below a previous depth of 300 metres, along with lateral step-outs to confirm the potential for parallel saddle systems.
The program will include holes to a depth of up to 1,000 metres and will cover roughly 400 metres of strike along the main anticline.
According to previous surface mapping and drilling activities, additional anticlines may be present at Aureus West, potentially with gold-bearing veins to the north and south of the main anticline.
Mark Ashcroft, President and CEO of Aurelius Minerals, thanks the Government of Nova Scotia for its cooperation and guidance throughout the approval process.
“Having received approval to drill from surface, we are excited to begin this initial surface drilling program at our Aureus West project,” he added.
Jeremy Niemi, Vice President of Exploration at Aurelius, also commented on the program, drawing attention to the underlying value of Aureus West.
“Following our successful logging and sampling campaign of historical core, we are well positioned to initiate surface drilling at Aureus West.
“Based on the data we have seen to date and our fieldwork; Aureus West demonstrates significant geologic potential and an opportunity to grow our gold resources,” he said.
Aurelius Minerals (AUL) is currently up 5.56 per cent and is trading at C$0.095 per share at 3:23pm EDT.