- Aurelius Minerals (AUL) has launched a 10,000-metre drill program at its Aureus Gold Project in Nova Scotia
- Approximately 6,000 metres of the program will be focused on underground drilling at the Aureus East, with the remaining amount focused on surface drilling at the Aureus West
- Drilling at Aureus East will aim to extend the depth of previously identified mineralisation and discover new zones
- At Aureus West, the company hopes to extend the mineralised corridor beyond the current 1.5 kilometres of strike length
- Aurelius Minerals (AUL) is up 6.25 per cent and is trading at C$0.085 per share
Aurelius Minerals (AUL) has launched a 10,000-metre drill program at its Aureus Gold Project in Nova Scotia.
Approximately 6,000 metres of the Phase One program will be dedicated to underground drilling at the Aureus East Project, which will be aimed at extending the depth of previously identified mineralisation and the discovery of new auriferous saddles.
The remaining 4,000 metres will focus on surface drilling at the Aureus West Project, where Aurelius Minerals hopes to extend the mineralised corridor beyond roughly 1.5 kilometres of strike length. Drilling will also be conducted laterally to confirm the potential of parallel saddle systems.
Previous surface mapping and drilling activities suggest the presence of additional anticlines at Aureus West, potentially with gold-bearing veins to the north and south of the main anticline.
Mark Ashcroft, President and CEO of Aurelius Minerals, said he is excited to begin drilling at the Aureus Gold Project.
“Our most recent press release demonstrated the potential of the Aureus Gold Project, as we released initial assays from the first hole of the nearly 2,500 metres of historical core from the Aureus West and Aureus East projects that had been securely stored and had not been sampled or assayed.
“Initial assays demonstrated gold occurrences in saddles and identified mineralisation in rock, previously thought barren,” he added.
In addition to the program at the Aureus Gold Project, Aurelius Minerals said it is continuing its geological compilation work at its Tangier and Forest Hill projects in preparation for future drilling.
Aurelius Minerals (AUL) is up 6.25 per cent and is trading at C$0.085 per share at 12:33pm EDT.